serves 4 - 6
8 oz (225 g) lean minced beef
8 oz (225 g) lean minced pork
2 tbsp tomato relish
1/2 tbsp Worcestershire
sauce 1 tbsp fresh chopped mint
1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
2 oz (50 g) fresh brown breadcrumbs
2 oz (50 g) roasted peanuts, chopped
4 tbsps unsweetened
1 tbsp liquid honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp vinegar
3 tbsps sugar free tomato ketchup
1. Place the meats in a large bowl and knead with the hands until evenly blended. Work in the remaining ingredients with plenty of ground black pepper.
2. Press into an oiled and lined 2 lb ( 1 kg) loaf tin. Bake at Mark 4 (180°C) 350°F for 1 hour.
3. Allow to rest in the tin for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile make the sauce: combine all the ingredients in a small pan and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring often.
5. Serve the meat loaf sliced in warm pitta breads, stuffed with shredded salad leaves and a little sauce.
25 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!