makes 12 to 15
4 oz (125 g) chicken breast, skinned and boned
3 oz (75 g) thickly sliced cooked ham
1 large carrot, peeled
few sprigs of parsley
1 x (8 oz/225g) can bamboo shoots
4 spring onions, finely shredded
1. Cut cellophane, or greaseproof paper, into 6 inch/15 cm squares.
2. Thinly slice the chicken breast on the diagonal into 1 1/2 inch (3.5 cm) by 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces.
3. Cut the ham and carrot similarly. Place a sprig of parsley in the centre of each piece of cellophane.
4. Cover with carrot, ham, bamboo shoots, spring onions, chicken breast and seasoning.
5. Fold the cellophane around the chicken to form small envelopes.
6. Deep fry at 190°C (375°F) for 2 minutes.