1. Buy commercially prepared thin ribbon noodles (taglierini) if you prefer. Heat plenty of salted water in a large saucepan in which to cook the pasta.
2. Make the sauce: weigh the rocket after removing the stalks, wash well and dry in a salad spinner. Pour boiling water on to the tomatoes in a bowl, wait 10 seconds then drain and fill the bowl with cold water; drain again and peel, remove the seeds and any hard stalk sections and chop the flesh coarsely.
3. Place the rocket leaves in the food processor with the peeled garlic clove and grated cheese and process just enough to chop finely, not to turn into a paste. Turn into a mixing bowl, stir in the oil and the drained, chopped tomatoes. Add a little salt and plenty of freshly ground pepper.
4. Add the pasta to the boiling salted water, stir and then leave to cook for 3 minutes if fresh noodles are used; commercially prepared pasta will take longer.
5. Drain when just tender, reserving about 4 fl oz (120 ml) of the liquid. Return the pasta to the saucepan, sprinkle with some of the reserved hot water so that it is very moist and then stir in the sauce; serve at once.