4 chicken joints
salt and pepper
1 tbsp oil
for the sauce
2 tbsp wine vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 level tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 level tsp castor sugar
4 tbsp tomato ketchup
4 tbsp water
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1. Heat the oven to 350°F (180°C) mark 4.
2. Season the chicken joints with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a frying pan and quickly fry the chicken joints to brown.
3. Lift them out and place in a shallow heatproof dish.
4. Drain any oil from the pan. Blend together all the sauce ingredients and add to the pan. Bring to the boil, stirring until thickened. Spoon the sauce over the chicken.
5. Cover with foil and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
6. Remove the foil and cook for a further 15 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
7. Serve straight from the dish in which it was cooked.
8. Accompaniments: Serve with plain boiled rice or buttered noodles and a tossed green salad.
12 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!