1. Put the mince, sausagemeat, onion, salt and freshly ground pepper in a bowl and blend together well.
2. Divide the mixture into 8 equal pieces and, on a lightly floured table and with floured hands, shape into beefburgers about 3 in. (7.5cm) in diameter.
3. Melt a little dripping in a frying pan and fry the beefburgers for about 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
4. Lift them out and drain on kitchen paper. Arrange on a serving dish and serve immediately.
5. Serve with vegetables and a tomato sauce, or put into warm baps split in half and serve with fried onion rings.