1 lb (500 g) sheep's liver, membrane removed and sliced
1/2 stick (2 oz) 50 g butter
6 rashers rindless streaky bacon, coarsely chopped
1 medium onion, grated
1 clove garlic, crushed
125 ml (4 fl oz) port
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup (3 fl oz) 90 ml single cream
1 tsp lemon juice
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp finely chopped capers
1/8 cup (30 g) clarified butter
2 tsp dried or 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Fry liver in heated butter in a heavy-based saucepan.
2. Add bacon and fry until crisp.
3. Add onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent.
4. Add port, salt, pepper and cream and simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Add lemon juice and mayonnaise and liquidize, then stir in capers and mix well.
6. Place in individual ramekin dishes and seal with clarified butter mixed with parsley.
81 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!