8 thin slices of topside
1 tbsp olive or cooking oil
1 tbsp (1/2 oz) butter
1 onion, chopped
1/2 tsp each dried or 2 tsp each chopped fresh oregano and basil
2 tsp dried or 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
freshly ground black pepper to taste
5 tbsp tomato puree (paste)
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt meat stock
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt dry white wine
1 tsp granulated sugar
8 black olives, stoned (seeded) (optional)
1 tbsp plain flour (All purpose)
8 (5 oz.) tenderloin fillets, 1-inch thick
for the stuffing
200 g (6 1/2 oz) feta cheese, crumbled
8 chives, chopped
1. First prepare the stuffing by mixing the ingredients together.
2. To prepare the meat, place each slice between two layers of cling film and flatten slightly with the palm of the hand.
3. Spoon a little stuffing onto each slice, roll up and secure with string or cocktail sticks.
4. Brown meat in heated oil and butter.
5. Add onion and saute until translucent. Add seasoning.
6. Heat tomato puree, wine, meat stock and sugar and add to meat.
7. Cover with lid, reduce heat and simmer for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until meat is tender. Add olives and heat through.
8. Thicken liquid with a flour and water paste if necessary.